Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Internet

Make no mistake:  I love the Internet.  The infinite opportunities to learn and explore totally fascinate me.  I am known to "waste" -- I don't see it as that, but others do -- hours a day simply messing around online, going wherever the Internet chooses to lead me.  Today I've learned about the recent happenings of my family via Facebook, considered both the ethics behind the death penalty and the power parents have to influence their children on 5/8, read some very interesting articles on National Geographic's website, hilarious misfortunes on FML, and tons of other things.
The only problem is that I'm supposed to be working on homework.  Today, I am supposed to write a reader response to "Cairo Tunnel" by Amanda Fields.  Then, I'm supposed to compose two lyric essays of my own.  Between my lack of self control and the various websites that draw me like a fly to a bug zapper, I haven't gotten anything done today.  
The Internet is a dangerous place for the would-be writer, especially when they are feeling uninspired to begin with.  I've written more in this short blog post than I have all day.  Too bad I can't turn this in.  It would fall into the creative nonfiction category, but this isn't a lyric essay.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment