Sunday, January 22, 2012

And....... Update!

Nine days have passed since my last post, and my house is nearly unrecognizable! Last Sunday, I finished the kitchen. I reorganized every cabinet, washed out the refrigerator, and made my pantry actually functional for a change. I removed at least six bags of trash/random stuff I don't need, and one big pile of pots and pans is set aside for Goodwill.
Here's the best part: my kitchen is STILL clean. I've even used my kitchen and it is still clean. In fact, I made a huge mess this morning while making French toast for my boyfriend, and it was clean an hour later. I really feel like this change is actually working. My kitchen is more organized, so cleaning it only takes a few minutes now. I'm super excited about my shiny sink and spotless counters.
If you haven't seen it already, check out the video I posted last week about my completed kitchen:

My current project consists of three rooms: the living room, rec room, and my bathroom. I chose to tackle these three rooms at the same time because the messes are all quite similar. The majority of the mess in these three rooms is made up of laundry, trash, and dishes. So, unlike the kitchen where I moved from one cabinet to the next, I'm taking a divide and conquer approach to this project. I've made a list (sticky notes are perfect for cleaning lists) of what I want to clean up, and I am cleaning all three rooms simultaneously. For instance, first I went through each room and picked up all the dishes. Next, I went after the trash. I've been sick for most of the week, so the going is slow. However, I am making progress. All three rooms look much better. In fact, I really just need to start wiping things down and cleaning the floors. Assuming I don't have yet another migraine (three in three days last week), that is the plan for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be posting another video as well.

So I know it isn't much, but here's my update: The kitchen is clean, and I'm still cleaning. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment