Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not a New Year's Resolution

In the last 24 hours, I've made some significant decisions about how I want to live my life. Currently I live a life of complete chaos. Aside from work, I have no real schedule, no set routine. Consequently I have allowed myself to get by without any real responsibility as well. That is about to change.

I'm 22. I have graduated from college, I am in a committed relationship, and I live in my own house. I am a grownup in every sense of the word. It is time I start acting like it. I am done with excuses. I have time now, and I finally have the energy. It is time for me to grow up and get organized.

Confession: my home is a disaster zone 99.9% of the time. I haven't cleaned my bedroom since last March. I'm not joking. The rest of my house is in fairly decent shape at the moment, but that is only because I had to keep it clean for company during the holidays. Most of the time, I don't bother with it either. I'm sick of living in this pit, however. Instead of cleaning my house for family and friends, I am going to keep it clean for myself.

This is not a New Year's resolution.This is me recognizing that it is time for me to grow up and start taking responsibility for my life. I'm in the process of finding my first "real" job. If I can't take myself seriously, why would an interviewer?

So here we are. I'm ready to make some changes. I do not expect a rapid, overnight transformation, but I do expect myself to treat this project as seriously as I used to treat school. To keep myself accountable, I plan on documenting my progress here on my blog as well as on my Twitter feed (@MissOddi) and Youtube channel (MissOddi). Stay tuned as I reorganize my home and revamp my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment