Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Better Today

So I'm officially two and a half weeks out from the end of the semester! In the last week, I managed to pull off some pretty huge assignments. I finished two annotated bibliographies (haven't gotten the grades back for these yet), a speech about how Rachel Carson manipulates grammar to enhance her rhetoric in Silent Spring (A), and a paper analyzing my own use of grammar (A).  I feel like I'm finally on the downhill slope of things.  All I have left is an 8-10 page research paper on Don DeLillo's White Noise, a 10-15 page research paper on the role of women as veterinarians in 15-17th century literature, an Advanced Grammar final (should be a cake-walk), and a 400-question Practical Meteorology final.  I have a lot of work ahead of me, but the end is in sight! Yay!

Just a week after my last final, I fly out to Alabama to see my sister graduate high school.   She's pretty amazing.  If everything goes according to plan, I will also be watching her first ballroom dance competition on May 22.  The plan, my friends, can be viewed here.  If you love me (and especially if you don't) you will see what she has to say.

While anxiously awaiting my upcoming trip, I've found myself having a lot of obnoxious migraines -- all of which are, I believe, related to my massive amount of stress.  For instance, on Sunday, I left work early to have Easter lunch with my family at Grandma's house.  I felt fine.  When I got home, I sat down to watch my fish and check for any guppy babies (sadly, I still haven't found any).  I still felt fine.  Fifteen minutes later, I was in my room with the door closed, shades drawn, and covers over my head because of a ridiculous migraine that pretty much made me want to die.  This same migraine delivered two aftershocks on Monday and Tuesday, rendering both days useless homework-wise.  I used to never get headaches like this.  Now I'm averaging 1-2 a week. 
Today has been much better, however.  I only had a tiny headache this afternoon, but as soon as I ate, it quickly dissolved.  I also used my $10 off coupon at JC Penny's to buy a new pair of khaki pants; my one pair of work pants developed a hole in the knee last night, so I needed to replace them. I was pretty excited to see they were having a huge sale on anything, and almost walked out of that store with way more stuff than I needed (or could really afford).  My better judgment prevailed for once, and I simply left with the one pair of pants for ten bucks.  So yeah, no headache, a great shopping deal, and only 4 hours of work scheduled for this evening have me in a pretty good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment